Happy Father's Day

        Fathers are very important in genealogical research. First of all they generally have the same name throughout their lives. This makes it much easier to research their ancestral line. The father’s name is very often used as a reference in documents. The mother’’s name is used as well but many times only the father’s name appears. Jewish gravestones seldom include the mother’s name.
        Many of us have good memories of their Dad. Some were with us a long time and some were tragically removed from our lives at an early age. To some of us our fathers were a source of inspiration, to others he was a good buddy. He taught us the simple skills we needed to navigate life. Balancing a checkbook or changing a tire. They may have seen a particular skill or talent we had and he guided us to our calling. Some people were not that lucky. Their father might have been mean, cold, or just uninterested in their lives. Whoever he was though, he helped mold us into what we are today.
        Father’s day is just around the corner so today’s post is more of a photo array of father’s in my family tree with one or more of their children. I went through all of my pictures and came up with these. If you have a picture of you and your father please send it to me and I will be happy to post it in my next entry. I will someday do this same exercise with Mother’s and children so you you can send me those pictures as well.

 My grandfather Louis Levine and his four sons.
Me and my son Phil.

Me and my father Moe.

Me and my daughter Molly biking in San Francisco


Arlene and her father Jack.


Arlene's sister Rochelle, and her father.

My mother, Minnie and her father Morris Boxinbaum.

My brother in law, Frank Setzman with his daughter Becky and son Danny.

My cousin Rob with his father, Bernie.



My cousin Aaron with his father Herman.

    Happy Father's day to all of the Dads out there.

Comments

  1. Happy Father's day to all the dads! I bet there aren't many kids that can say they rode across the Golden Gate Bridge on a tandem bike with their dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing Sid- Enjoyed the read! Happy Father's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sisters

Only Simchas

Only Simchas